SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell your client there are easier and cheaper ways to make customers hate him and his business.
    WebPie - Oxford and Beyond

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by harryzimm
    Tell your client there are easier and cheaper ways to make customers hate him and his business.
    lol

If he is ignorantly doing it, then you should educate him that this is not the way.

I agree with Chez, tell him about the benefits of creating his own subscription list instead of stealing others.

That way, you get a list of people who are interested in your site and want to receive your emails rather than taking shots in the dark through unsolicited emails.

regards,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say No To SPAM

Whenever possible always tell your clients that they should stay away, because there are too many consequences involved. : )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad idea. Not very cool either.
    cs-studios changing over to bythecurbside

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should show your client all of these responses and then show him/her the article on AOL digging for gold in order to recoupt what they lost from this spammer, which they won a multimillion dollar settlement. SPAM IS BAD M'Kay? And it opens you (unless you have one amazing legal contract with your client) to litigation.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/15/sp....ap/index.html
    myspace.com/tarsus
    Technical Coordinator
    BCMT
    "Not impossible, just hard to do!"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said something like many companies sends out spam and that you send too shouldn´t matter. It is true that there are many spammers out there and many of them comes through it without punishment. However, some people are sued or jailed, and when you go to prison or get a million dollar fine for helping or promoting spam, good luck in saying to the judge that everyone else does it.

Sometimes I wonder what happened to ethics and moral obligation. I would never enjoy money earned by hurting people (yes, you are hurting people and business when contributing to sending spam). It is so annoying and useless, I would do anything I can to get justice if I knew who´s behind a spam compain sending mail to me. Sending spam is a criminal act and you are too a criminal in my opinion IF you intend to help the customer sending large number of email to users that has not requested to be on that list. There isn´t any excuse for it.
    Regards,
    Are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a web designer, not an advertising agent, right? You're allowed to tell your client there are things outside your field that he should see someone else about.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must follow the ethics. It doesn't matter whosoever has requested, if the request is unethical, one shouldn't accede to it. The matter which you believe is not correct, as is spam in this case, should not be resorted to for anyone. One must know to say No when it deserves.
    With best regards, Rajasree
    [URL=http://www.jobntradeinfinity.com]
    [URL=http://medical-transcription.jobntradeinfinity.com]
    http://www.mtcareersonline.com