SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone please help me with some coding ?

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on two different pages, the only problem I'm having "currently" on the one page is after the product on the page there is a <hr> break, and at the bottom is a nav menu, the space between the two is ridiculous and throwing the balance of the entire page off.

Here is a link to the page that is okay with the column left and right the way I want them: Page with spacing the way I want it

Here is a link to the page with a product added and the spacing, which is not to my liking, and I can't figure what is wrong with the code to fix the outrageous spacing.

The page with the problem

If anyone can take a peek at the view source and give me some advice as to what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it. I know there are no keywords yet, I'm still trying to figure out the layout.

Thank You,
    Linda

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got quite a few errors on that page (both actually), have you put it through the validator. I'd do that first, clean up the errors and then see where you are with the page. PS: Sorry don't have time to put your code through my text editor to check it out for you right now... Other thing to check is to make sure that you have the alignments in your cells set to top and that you don't have any empty tags that may be causing the spacing.

Nadia

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia P
    You've got quite a few errors on that page (both actually), have you put it through the validator. I'd do that first, clean up the errors and then see where you are with the page. PS: Sorry don't have time to put your code through my text editor to check it out for you right now... Other thing to check is to make sure that you have the alignments in your cells set to top and that you don't have any empty tags that may be causing the spacing.

Nadia
    Thank you Nadia,

Someone set the page up for me, and I've been tinkering with it, I'll be checking it with a validator.

Have a nice day,
    Linda