SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

server change...

Hi all.

I have to upload 2 files to a server (apache+win98) in my LAN - this is basically what my application is doing at the moment. I'm on a machine and the server is on another one. It's just to make the application, a test.

Soon, my application will run on a Solaris (probably) with the "same" apache server. But at this moment, the application will be available for all people in the world (yeah!!!)

* Can occur some problems with the application changing the server?

* Will I have to use some ftp or other commands to upload the files (now the clients outside of "my" LAN will upload the files, not me)? In this case, can you show me a tutorial, link, maybe, some simple code to do that, whatever?

I'm using some code like this to upload the files:
    PHP Code:
    <FORM ACTION="uploadfile.php"
    METHOD=POST ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data"
    php? mysql? apache? That's it.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly doubt you are going to have to change your code if you are using php functions to upload the files ie. "copy()"

PHP works very well on many platforms, thats one of hte best things about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like you said, slighltywhacked, I'm using copy(). But to tell the truth, I'm a little scared about this issue.

It's easy to configure the server, and I have heard a lot about the compatibility between platforms, but I had never tested in any other than windows. Maybe because this I was thinking some problems will can occur.

In what time I have to use ftp commands if copy() can do the upload job?
    php? mysql? apache? That's it.