SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What IDE do you use to code ASP Classic & Windows Scripting Components

At the moment, I am working on a project that uses ASP Classic and Windows Scripting Components. The IDE I am currently using is Visual Slick Edit but I donít like the fact that I can not search across a project like I can in Eclipse and I also donít like that I can not have multiple instances of Visual Slick open. I prefer to flip between pages of code using a tab structure or using Alt + Tab and it really bothers me having to click on Window and then the code to switch between code sources. The thing I do like about it is the text coloring for commented code, etc. Does any on have a suggestion on an IDE I could use for ASP Classic & Windows Scripting Components?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest an opensource IDE (or simple Text Editor the supports Syntax Highlighting)

Take a look here
    http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the post. I just downloaded the tool Notetab++ and will try it out. Thanks again.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TryingToLearn
    Thanks for the post. I just downloaded the tool Notetab++ and will try it out. Thanks again.
    No problem. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Homesite mostly. I think you can still buy it through the Macromedia store (now Adobe), although it really isn't being updated. It has great syntax highlighting and is pretty fast. It's relatively inexpensive last time I looked. One can find add-ons for it as well. It has one of the best search/replace features of all the editors that I've used.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to give an update... I have been using Notepad++ for over 2 weeks now and I really like it. It is not as advnaced as Eclipse 3.1 but it is a very useful tool. I use it now instead of Notepad or Notetab Lite. Thank you again for the suggestion.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I just wanted to post back to say Notepad++ has worked extremely well for me. It is perfect when you need a quick text editor to research a code problem or just make a quick code change.