User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Css (I think overflow problem)

URL: http://www.ozvoip.com/products.php?id=47

I recently designed this site and developed the shopping cart etc. But as you can see by the link their seems to be a problem in mozilla where the image flows over the edge of its container class. It doesn't happen in IE only in mozilla.

Any ideas, I also have this problem through some areas of the control panel because I used the same method to achieve roughly the same thing. Any ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have the same problem and asked the same question a week ago, and never got an answer.

im possitive you can tell a div to force content to stay inside its borders, without using the overflow:auto; for example which causes frame like drag bars

SitePoint Wizard drhowarddrfine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a bug in IE. Divs are NOT to expand to contain floated elements because floated elements are removed from the normal flow. IE wrongly does this. To achieve what you want in modern, standard browsers like FF and Opera, add to your css, in the .box div, overflow:auto;

In addition, validate your code and fix your 17 html errors. You have missing end tags and other errors.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replys worked a treat!