SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can css layouts to push open containers?

The one problem I've had using all div based layouts is that when I setup a fixed width layout ( or an elastic one ) .. the layout is great but sometimes I display data grids and I consider it a feature to allow the site to push the container open.

I have a gallery application on my site. I love the layout, but even a 600 px photo breaks it visually. I am going to change it ( going to remove the column altogether.. but I am still planning on showing photos that are wider than my templates present max width.

I just need that area to behave more like it was in a table.

SitePoint Wizard drhowarddrfine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can do the exact same thing the table did. Do you mean you want your images to shrink when it's resized or expand off the edge of the browser to keep the image the same size? The only reason that link overlaps the 2nd column is because you have it coded that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drhowarddrfine
    Do you mean you want your images to shrink when it's resized or expand off the edge of the browser to keep the image the same size?
    No, I want this bigger image here to push the container its in open, and push the other ones over too.

Quote Originally Posted by drhowarddrfine
    The only reason that link overlaps the 2nd column is because you have it coded that way.
    Well, yes.. but this is also my question. How do I keep the current template style ( I really like how it handles pages like the front page ) and allow this behavoir as well.