User Tag List

Thread: CMS / Joomla

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CMS / Joomla

Hey i want to use a cms for my website http://www.ugplay.com what are the benefits of useing a cms? what stuff can i do with a cms? how can i install and do that stuff with the cms? please let me know asap thanks!

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CMS = Content Management System

The script running on your site is nothing other but CMS. So you use it already, I guess you know what can you do with it.

I don't know why would you need other CMS like Joomla. If you need some particular functionality, just add it to your existing script.
    Saul

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i need something where you can change something on the site without makeing changes to every page...how can i do that?..thats why i tohught maybe i would need some kind of cms or soemthing

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean like header/footer design where you call the content between them, there for any changes you make to the header/footer will be seen on every page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just use include() in PHP . to add different files at one time. and if u change in one include file it will effect all the pages in which u have included that file.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey thanks guys...but i am looking for a program that may be able to do that? like if i want to add something at the right side of the page i make the change on one page and it will change it on all of the others

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimategp
    hey thanks guys...but i am looking for a program that may be able to do that? like if i want to add something at the right side of the page i make the change on one page and it will change it on all of the others
    Mambo/Joomla can do that.
    BeckCompositions.com

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and how can i set this all up?

The Mind's I ® silver trophy Dark Tranquility's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    download the Joomla Pack and upload it via FTP on your server and follow the installation guide. Once installed log into the admin and try to learn how to use the options and settings there! read the documentation about it! After you can learn how to customize your template etc...
    Knowing HTML, CSS and PHP will help you a lot.
    to install extensions/addons/compenents/plugins/modules/bots you will have to do your research, find the best plugin you need and download then install it! for instance for a gallery plugin you will look around for the premade gallery plugins for Joomla/Mambo choose the one that fits your needs best! download it and install it via your admin panel! it is really easy to do

Hope this helps you

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks alot helped