SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Devlounge Realign

Hey everyone. Last Sunday I launched the redesigned version of Devlounge, which I started working on way back in May just a few weeks after Devlounge first launched. Since version one went so well, I really just wanted to tidy things up and add more of a focus on the content.

http://www.devlounge.net

One thing I'll ask you to ignore for the moment is the validation errors on the homepage, I need to rework the ad code once I get a chance this weekend.

Looking forward to your responses.
    Regards,
    + aj

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great site, I can't find fault with it. Love the homepage, graphics are cool & really like the mouseovers on the articles page.
    Cool Graphic & use of different font sizes on the contact page.The whole site has a very laid back feel too.

Visit docquesting.com docquesting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Layout and navigation looks really nice. I think using a dark blue or others colors where your lighter seperation colors are would work as well. Otherwise good job.

Edit to keep the "featured" aspect on home page the same do this. Elsewhere it would feel better to the user to have the same "box" on the left on all other pages instead of the right.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design is neat and clean but it would look way better if you use a bit more colors in it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments / suggestions so far guys, keep them coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmmmm. I really like this site. I have to admit, I've never been to it before , but I will address your stated goals vs what I observe.

You have certainly achieved a subtle and attractive focus on the site's content. The layout very simply draws my attention exactly where it should be, and then the content, so smoothly, takes my hand and compells me to read. And keep reading. Very well done.

The header graphic makes me instantly and unexpectedly happy. The use of reds, greys, and some sneaky greens and yellows is effortlessly pleasing. And are those fam fam fam icons? Man, I love those.

I think, if you really want to, you can get away with a little bit more color, but honestly, if I were you, I would choose not to. This entire layout does exactly what you want it to do. It makes me love the site, stay, and want to come back.

Nice job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the review that's me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very c l e a n feel to it. I think the color combination is just perfect for the eyes very light but still has a rich texture to it. The banner grabs the attention without competing with the rest of the site. The code is clean too. The rollovers are nice, wish they were the same size with the text being centered, just my thing. I like the subtle use of Burgundy in your logo , in the rollovers, some in your banner. A light variation of that color as a footer would kind of make the site a little more contained. Seems like the site could go on more further down. Usually a blod color kind of sets boundries, but like i said a lighter version of it.
    But stil love it man.
    gj

knite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astereo
    Thanks for the review that's me
    You betcha. And good luck with this site!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again