SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overlaping Footer

Hello,

I am diving into the world of CSS and got my footer to stick to the bottom of the browser just fine. But I noticed that when I scale the viewport down, to the point where the footer will overlap some of the content, the links get overlapped and no longer work. I just tried z-index on it and it still was technically overlapped... suggestions?

Cheers,

W

Working copy www.wesburke.com/index2.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wburke; Jul 20, 2006 at 19:16.

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't mind me asking, why do you have an unordered list in a paragraph tag? Paragraph tags are for text content. I'd remove the <p> tag and place the list in the .work div instead (sorry, but I'm a semantics freak when it comes to Web design/development).

Also, your footer is being positioned absolutely in your stylesheet. Absolute positioning removes the element from the document flow and places it precisely on the page.

Is it ok with you if I rebuild the page from the ground up and then upload a copy of it here as a .zip file? It won't take me long to do it, especially if I don't have to work on Saturday.

Typing while tired a couple blocks from the Fox River... (yeah, I saw you're from Chicago; I'm from Aurora... small world )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dan,

Hah used to live in aurora myself off of 56, now I am planted in st. charles , and that is cool if you wanted to rebuild, and that will help in my reference. I am about a week into CSS and appreciate the help.

This page is purely for learning purposes and trying to get a handle on it before I try to implement a design. I am swearing off using tables for the moment. Slapping the <P> in there is a rook mistake and thanks for pointing that out. Thanks again

Cheers,
    W

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Off Topic) I've been all over Aurora myself; even used to live in North Aurora a couple of times. As much as I want to move elsewhere, something keeps telling me to stay here for a while. I don't know, maybe it's the free city-wide wi-fi system the mayor pushed through the city council that should be up within the next month or two .

(And now, back on topic...) As for your page, I'll try my best to have it ready for you on Sunday. I have to head to work in about an hour, and I think I may be volunteering to work tomorrow morning as well.