User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Copyright statement

Hi there,

About to put up my first website, and was hoping someone could tell me, where I could get a copyright statement, where I could just cut and paste it and add it to my site.

Really appreciate any help

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is one I got from a generic provider of copyright statements (although I've lost the link now):
    Copyright &copy; 2006 <<your company name>>. All rights reserved. All site contents and their arrangement are copyrighted in the UK and worldwide by international treaty by <<your company name>>, and its suppliers. You may use it as a resource, its intended use, but not otherwise, and may not make full or partial copies except as specifically permitted.

Trademarks

The following trademarks are our property: <<your logo etc>>. These marks may not be used without our consent on any product or service, except our own, in a manner that confuses consumers or dilutes the distinctiveness of the marks.

Disclaimer

This site is provided by <<your company name>> on an "as is" basis. <<your company name>> makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site, the information, content, materials or products included on this site. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, <<your company name>> disclaims all warranties, express and implied, including but not limited to implied warranties or merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. <<your company name>> will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site or the products purchased using the site, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from consulting with an attorney to draft a customized copyright notice and terms of use section to suit your particular site's needs, I suggest you get your hands on a copy of The Internet Legal Guide by Dennis Powers, Esq.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This link may help: (UK specific - but can be changed to suit I guess)
    http://www.patent.gov.uk/copy/

Nadia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you talking about a seperate page, or just the little statement at the bottom of a page? For the bottom of a page something like "Copyright &copy;2006 <<your company>>. All content on <<simplified url (abuga.com)>> is copyright and can not be reproduced in any way, including republishing and redistributing. What the people above me said about lengthened statements is what I would go by.
    HTMLGuy