User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CSS: max-height in FireFox not working!

Hi,

I am having some CSS compatibility trouble between IE and FireFox... Here is the page that I'm working with:

edited

In IE, this looks exactly the way I want it to, however, in FireFox, there is extra white space beneath the start here box. Immediately beneath that start here box is this image:

edited

The way I overcame this for the top of that box was by hovering the gifts' boxes over inner_td_top.jpg using style="position: relative; top: -15px;".

What I did in IE to remove the whitespace at the bottom part of this box was in the table tag, I added style="table-layout: fixed;" and then set a max height in the td tag using height="etc" - however, I've recently learned there is no way to do max-height in FireFox. Even slipping style="max-height: ??px" into the td tag does not do the trick.

How can I get that table cell to stick to the max height that I specified in the td tag using height=__ ?

Thanks!

(edited to remove urls)
    Last edited by kingdavid; Jul 20, 2006 at 10:40.

SitePoint Wizard drhowarddrfine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, you will never get IE to perform like modern browsers, like Firefox, without a proper doctype. IE is in quirks mode. See my link below. Use html4.01 strict. After adding this, validate your code (you have way too many html and css errors) and then let us know if IE still looks the same.

Even though IE may be displaying how you wish (did you design this using IE?) it is not displaying properly nor properly according to the standards.