SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to developing sites for money

Hi, I've been developing sites for 3 years now learning more eachday. Before I have just been making myself sites for fun or making my friends free sites, but I just got a job offer from a company that wants to hire me to develope websites for their clients. The only thing is I've never done anything like this. I first developed html sites, but then I got into css and then cms. Most of my sites are developed in a cms. I could probably create my own cms, but it would take a while. Should I wait and develope my own cms and then go work for these kind of companies? Or can I use a public cms and work for these companies? They asked me what their fees were and I don't have the slightest clue what to tell them. The site they contacted me from was www.groundzer0.com so I'm guessing they are interested in me making those kinds of sites, but a lot of that coding it from open-source and I just edited a lot of it to fit what I needed. I did all the graphics, flash, and design.

Thanks in advance.

SitePoint Wizard Pedro Monteiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, most companies have their own software or development plan, so I'm guessing it's something you really wont need to worry about.