SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odd FireFox Problem

This is moved from the asp forum

The site in question is Roger Funk Cars

In IE it works fine. In FireFox when the page is displayed the navigation bar on the left side does not expand down, it leaves a gap. This happens on all pages depending on how much the side bar has to expand. The strange part is that if I refresh the page it will start working right.

Any ideas what's causing this?

Thanks For any input

SitePoint Wizard drhowarddrfine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is you designed this using IE. IE is in quirks mode due to no doctype. Then it's not displaying the same as modern browsers like Firefox, Opera, etc. See my link below and add a doctype. Use html4 strict.

Now the problem you will run into is this might change IEs behavior but at least it will more closely resemble the better browsers mentioned.

In addition, your page is not laid out properly. You've put the script tag before the html and head tags. The page cannot even be validated. It's a real mess. But add the doctype, validate the code, let's see what all the errors are going to be, and then we can start working on that.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry so long in getting back to you, I didn't get a notification that you posted.

Yah I bought these accounts from someone else and I'm not real familiar with asp. I had never seen script before the html tag before but it seemed to work so I didn't want to break it trying to fix what was working.

I'll try the doc type and move the script and see what happens

Thanks