User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PSD to CSS Layout

Hi there Sitepointers.

I have been given some code from my designer friend, and i do not know how to do a partiqular section in the layout. I have a layout where all the products are been displayed, and i have the product description on the left (Food Place so products are food items in a menu) then the price on the far right of the div. The Thing that i am having difficulty with is that inbetween the two values i need an Underline. Now i could do this by simply adding in Underlines manually, but i would like to come to you lot to suggest a more efficient way to do this.

I will suppy below two jpgs i have to work off, and then a temp url that im working on to show you where im at.

Thanks for helping

URL - http://www.invisiblewebdesign.co.uk/...og/buffet.html

Example 1

Example 2

Hopefully you can see what im trying to achieve, and how far i have gotten.

Thanks for the help

Enormousrodent

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone help?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow... I used to work right across the road from the Whole Hogg! (Name that company and win a prize!)

This is a tricky one. My first inclination would be to go back to the designer and ask for clemancy.

If you really have to pursue it, then it looks like a job for a background image. Each menu item needs a separate div to hold the background image... which needs to be bottom-aligned or there abouts. After that, the trick would be to bottom-align description and price... and then figure out a way to obscure the background image behind the text.