OK, I have been working on this for the last couple days and have made a lot of headway, but am still stuck on a spot. I have a group of checkboxes on my form that allow the user to select which items apply. I want to verify that at least one checkbox in each group has been selected before allowing them to continue. PHP requires the naming of the arrays to include the [] but jsp (for verification) doesn't like it. I read about and used the .elements method to overcome part of that problem so my for loop is now executing for the number of items in my group:

for (var i=0; i<document.form1.elements['dining_out1[]'].length; i++)

however my if statement won't execute:

if (document.form1.elements['dining_out1[i]'].checked)

even if I have checked ALL checkboxes. I have tried all the different methods I can think of to test for a checked value on each item in the array, but I can't quite figure out what I am missing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Greg

P.S. I had posted this to the Java and JSP forum and then realized it should actually be here so I am reposting it, and if possible I will now go delete my other thread. Sorry for the crosspost... been a longtime lurker, just now feel like I am getting into the code deep enough to ask some decent questions!