SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Business Card Company Recommendation

I usually never do this but I have had an amazing experience with overnightprints.com for my business card orders. They were fast, inexpensive, and high quality.

I ordered a set of 2000 full color, 2 sided, 15pt (350gsm) UV coated on both sides (which makes it effectively 16pt) for $79 (with $10 discount code applied) including free shipping. I placed my order late sunday night (7/9) and they arrived this morning (wednesday 7/12). And no, I didnt pay for any rush service. Simply amazing!

So once again, if you are looking to purchase some business cards for an upcoming conference (i.e. ad:tech, affiliate summit, etc etc) have a look at http://www.overnightprints.com.

-Chris

**I am not affiliated with them in any way, nor will I gain any benefit by you using them.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, thanks for the recommendation!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vistaprint is a good option - very inexpensive.
    MaFunk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I compared the two. Heres what I would've been charged at vistaprint if I wanted as close to the same quality as OvernightPrints:

Business Cards - Color Custom Backside $14.98
    100-lb. Super Premium Paper $20.99
    Uploaded logo/photo/design $4.99
    Uploaded logo/photo/design $4.99
    3 Business Day Delivery $34.43
    ~$130

Thats $50 more for a product that isnt as good. OvernightPrints is 15pt paper (VistaPrint is 13pt), and included UV Coating on both sides for free while VistaPrint does not even offer that

Case in point, go with OvernightPrints.com

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Bleys's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the recommendation.

That's a really good price--especially for full color both sides! I usually just use psprint.com, but the service you're recommending beats them in price by a lot. Too bad they don't do stickers.
    Josh is an anomaly
    rails & work & twitter

Organization is the
    death of creativity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. May have to check into that. Am just finalizing a new business card design and was looking into places to print.

I see they also print letterhead ... I wonder the quality on that as well? I haven't researched letterhead printing much yet so I'm not sure if they are a decent price or not. For 1,000 sheets it would be about $.14 a page or $.12 a page for 2,000, which seems fairly cheap compared to what I have found so far.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but has anyone printed custom letterhead and know what a decent cost-per-page is for full-bleed 4-color letterhead?
    Kevin Hauge : Modern Leaf Design : Follow Us on Facebook
    Client Axis v.08 - client / project management script

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've used overnightprints in the past, i recommend them as well
    LED Scroller Generator | Arcade Top List
    Myspace Layouts |
    Looking for quality Myspace link exchanges, PM for more info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly recommend overnightprints.com as well. I ordered 2000 color, front and back, glossy cards. I received then in a timely manner. On the back of the cards, was a very faint line which no one but me (since I created them) noticed. There are still perfectly fine to handout to clients.

Anywho, I contacted them and within a few days, they sent me another 2000 for free. So, I now have 4000 cards for under $70. Not bad at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow- great customer service as well. Looks like it they have it all. Good to know if I ever run into a problem with them.

Life is short. Be happy today! silver trophybronze trophy Sagewing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use vistaprint because they offer free design services for business customers. They won't really do quality original design work (they will try, but they suck at it) but they'll tweak designs, change copy, move things around, and do simple production design work.

Whenever we want new cards or letterhead and there is a small design change, or we want to take an existing letterhead and get stationery made, or something like that, I just call them and they do the production work for us. It's easy and saves time.
    The fewer our wants, the nearer we resemble the gods. Socrates

SAGEWING LLC - QUALITY WEB AND MOBILE APPS. PREMIUM OUTSOURCING SERVICES.
    Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Google+

SitePoint Evangelist compwizard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to be starting a website called DigitalPrintRates.com in the near future that will act like MySimon, Froogle, or Expedia, but for online business printing.

I was going to post about this elsewhere, but since this topic came up already, what would you guys like to see in the site? Any suggestions, requests?

I am a programmer and can do the back end, but any designers out there who would like to collaborate?
    Compwizard
    "There are 10 kinds of people in this world -- those who know binary, and those who don't."

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    re: overnightprints...great cost and MOSTLY good quality. we have had problems (ad agency) with color matching, especially on cards with people's photos on them and with any shade of the color blue. if color matching is not an issue, they're a great deal. if it IS, look elsewhere, or be prepared to send the cards back numerous times. we have one client right now who we dread getting the cards back because the color has been so off on every different version, and we have been sending the same exact artwork everytime (and we sent the same artwork to printsmadeeasy.com and the color was perfect; they just don't offer a 15pt card).

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy linkin99's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Color matching always seems to get tricky. Thanks for the recommendation Chris, we're in the process of looking for someone new for a print run.