User Tag List

Prolific Blogger silver trophy Technosailor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outlook emails going strange places

Hey folks.

I did a complete virus check with no dice. I have sent a few emails that are going to seemingly everybody in my address book when I am sending it to one person. Anybody ever had this happen?

Windows XP hom, Outlook 2000.

Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re:

It does sound like a virus. If we can assume that your virus definitions are up to date, then the only thing left for you is to uninstall, reboot, and install outlook again. You should be able to save contents of your address book (although it may be corrupted).

Good Luck!

Prolific Blogger silver trophy Technosailor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I still have no idea what happened. In Sent Items...the email is listed only going to the one individual I intended it to go too. I have no idea if he ever received it. I do have the latest Norton's 2002 AV definitions. Once I rebooted and sent some test emails, the problem seems to have gone away, but I'm spooked. Also the emails I did send didn't go to everyone. I heard back from, maybe 7 people saying they got that email and a bunch saying that they didn't receive the email....so that makes me feel better. Since I was spooked I did uninstall Outlook...rebooted....reinstalled Outlook....rebooted. Like I said, no problems since. Thanks. I still have NO IDEA what went wrong.

Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor