Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you help me?

I have the website:

http://www.egyptianplayers.com

its pure html made by dreamweaver 4 and some graphics made by photoshop6

i need to install a system that won't ruin my design but allow me and my news editors/reporters to post without admin permission..also i want polls and surveys. a banner rotation program ..statistics are not so important as i already use adfreestats and they work well wih me.

In a previous thred some helpful mates suggested post nuke and php nuke... i have the following questions b4 using any of em:

1-will this replace my existing site? or it will integrate with my html ?

2- i never know any php to customize the look of my site...i spent LONG time preparing my site and making graphics...i gues they r good, but the news system i use is making me tired..

3- I post some articles on the front page with a single pic and link to full story , them this link is placed on other page called professionals page for archiving all the previous news, so i want to keep this system. what will be the best choice for me? u can take alook at the site and browse to page called professionals from the menu ..u will know what i mean.

4- I need help from a decent guy who can help me with the installation process..

5- i have ikonboard as message board, so no need for a php board. can i keep it normally, I already spnt quite a time customizing it and it already have visitors ...

6- big thans for anyone who will help me

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Can you help me?

Originally posted by EP-Webmaster
    ... i need to install a system that won't ruin my design but allow me and my news editors/reporters to post without admin permission...
    ... In a previous thred some helpful mates suggested post nuke and php nuke...
    A solution I found very helpful that you might like to try also is called phpWebSite. This might be a particularly good soluton because its "web-based administration allows for easy maintenance of interactive, community-driven web sites". You can allow certain people to create and update web pages using a web form. There are options you can include additionally like polls, a calendars, banners, news headlines, etc., plus you can design the layout and appearance of the site by using your own custom theme. There is a theme tutorial available, but since you've already designed the site once, it shouldn't be too hard to copy the old into the new. The php is used to manage the site content, and the html and graphics will dictate the site look and feel; so your knowledge of html will come in handy.

Don't be intimidated by the php. It's very useful and is something else to consider.

Good luck!
    "the price of freedom is eternal vigilance." - Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks..but

thanks friend...but I don't have html knowledge..

i use html editors instead like dreamweaver 4 and i know graphic desing like photoshop ..

i really cannot choos ewhich is best from both 3 php scripts ...