SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with HTML email

I am trying to create an HTML email for a client but I am having difficulties getting it to display correctly. I am aware that there is quite a large range of compatibility issues with different email clients and web based email (yahoo, Google, hotmail etc) so I have reverted back to HTML coding techniques used years ago. All as per this Sitepoint article

I am using Outlook and within outlook I am using WORD as the editor. This turns out to be a big mistake because word puts in all kinds of crap code. So I turned it off and now I am using the basic editor inside Outlook. But it still wants to strip and change some of the code. I need to use something that will not touch any of my code and send it AS IS.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Houston.
    Houston Brown
    Split Light Designs
    Bringing your ideas to light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For HTML email I use dreamweaver to get the basic layout. Then hand edit it in a text editor.

I code all HTML emails using basic HTML tags. I don't use CSS or anyting out of a normal table or font tag. You would be suprised how diffrent mail clients and webmail providers render HTML emails. All images should be made with full paths.

When I used Outlook Express to send I would finish my email in the text editor. Then copy and paste the source into Outlook Express.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THis does help but I am a bit confused on where you cut and paste the source? When I paste the source from DW right into Outlook (not express) the email I receive is just the raw html code, not the graphic version that it is to represent.
    Houston Brown
    Split Light Designs
    Bringing your ideas to light.