SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone use Cambist for a CC processor??

Has anyone ever used Cambist ( www.cambist.com ) for their CC processing needs? It's the payment processor that the folks at Dansie Cart continually recommend, yet a search on SitePoint forums yielded no results, so I'd like to know if anyone around here has actually used them or not???

I've sent off an email to them to hopefully clarify some questions I had on their rates (there is no discount rate listed), and I will post the results here.

Also, on merchantseek.com, a search for "cambist" brought up no results...so are these guys just that far under the radar or what??

Appreciate any and all feedback!

"A small group of thoughtful people could change the world.
    Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead

How Much Money?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have never had much luck with cc processors the worst experience was with instabill.com thay made off with around $450 of my profit not to mention the 10% holdback which i will never see and there own profit of 10% which is more like 45% when you look at my scenario so i am very cautious, but if it wor
    ks for you i would like to hear from you as i am currently using Clickbank.com

Matthew Taylor
    AutomatedLinks.com
    Boost your search engine ranking, by increasing your link Popularity,
    Dynamically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will definitely let you know if this works for me or not; I can totally relate to the frustrations that go into finding a decent CC processor, as I am feeling those frustrations right now!! Seems like the only good ones are very expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, heard back from the Cambist folks (at least they're fairly prompt in email response):
    A credit card merchant account is required to use our service and the merchant account provider charges a percentage (discount) on each transaction.

We are an Internet gateway to your merchant account. Our service works with Nova, VisaNet and FDMS Envoy card processing networks. Most banks use one of those.

You can get a merchant account at your bank or apply for one through Cambist at http://cambist.com/howtosignup.html. The approximate merchant account fees are on the application form. We will submit the form to Cardservice and they will contact you about getting a merchant account.
    So in other words, "keep on searching" for a better solution! Cambist is very expensive too, especially considering one has to set up a separate merchant account.