SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Visit docquesting.com docquesting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Menu not moving up

Take a look at the link in my sig. I would like the menu to be on top of the blue but am not sure what I am not doing right. I added top:115px; as you can see be adding /css to the end of test like this. test/css/styles.css. Some links on menu css code would be appreciated as well.as the answer to this solution. Perhaps I need to use "margin" instead of "top"?
    Last edited by docquesting; Jul 6, 2006 at 13:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried this and doesnt do anything at all as you can see. Hopefully someone knows what is happening here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed the <ul> as you have in my index.php. I do need it as .php for future purposed hopefully this doesnt matter why it isnt working.

Cant understand why it isnt doing what is for you on my end. Very frustrating! Can you possibly clue me in on what I may be doing wrong?

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolute positioning takes the element (in this case the unordered list) out of the page flow and positions it onto the screen where you want it. If you don't position other elements inside the parent container, the other contents will render on the page as if the absolutely positioned element was not even there.

Using floats to position your elements solves this problem nicely, as they are not removed from the flow and can thus be manipulated more easily.