Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Putting block-level items next to each other

Hello

Hope someone can help, I am trying to put block level items next to each other (vertically aligned at the top). If you take a look at www.theresortwarehouse.com then you will see a site that i am working on. Borders are on for dev purposes.

I want the items in light blue blocks (campsites, community, information, products and services) to be inline towards the bottoms (next to campsites). I though that top=0 would means the top margin would be 0 in the containing element - but it has take the overall page container to be the containing element?

I'm confused! Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance - Gaz

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, quick update - got it all working fine in IE but firefox is playing up. Basically you can see the div for the middle part of the page (2 coloured boxes) shows a box around it in IE, as does the five items in light blue boxes at the bottom of the page. However, in firefox all of these items break out of their containers. This means i cannot space the footer from the container above in firefox, only in IE.

Searching on the net for an answer but no luck yet.

Any help very much appreciated - Gaz

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems very sad to be replying to my own messages - but hope this helps someone.

Managed to find an article which has sorted the problem for me - http://www.positioniseverything.net/easyclearing.html

Very good article - so simple even i could understand!