SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Promoting my web development firm site

I just wanted to hear some ideas from other freelancers/firms about how they advertise and if its successful.

Any hints on local advertising? One thing we have in our area is a company called PicACard basically they setup business card holders in many business in the area and you pay them a monthly fee and they keep putting up your cards in the parts you buy space at. Also in the local supermarket and library local businesses are allowed to put up flyers.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Feel free to tell me your other success stories including paid search engine and blog advertising (http://www.payperpost.com).

Looking for info about web development websites!

Thanks!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you ever picked a card and bought something from someone?

I could see this working for certian things, but ask yourself a few questions first:

1) Are your potential clients going to these places?

2) Are your potential clients looking at these ad's?

3) Are your potential clients buying from these?

I've seen these around and usually they are filled with cards for consumer based services since that is who is looking at them more then anyone else.

If you do decide to do it, make sure your card stands out.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sysice
    Have you ever picked a card and bought something from someone?

I could see this working for certian things, but ask yourself a few questions first:

1) Are your potential clients going to these places?

2) Are your potential clients looking at these ad's?

3) Are your potential clients buying from these?

I've seen these around and usually they are filled with cards for consumer based services since that is who is looking at them more then anyone else.

If you do decide to do it, make sure your card stands out.
    I was thinking local business owners go to these places and may see them by chance. I mean, business owners go to libraries and supermarkets too, no?

The PicACard company seems to be way too expensive. I was only visiting the idea because it seems like there could be some success to it. It costs a couple hundred a month just to put your card in a few shops. If they can charge that much maybe someone is doing well with it. Perhaps your right though its not the B2B advertising I am looking for.