SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation No more geo targeting?

    I've heard some rumors said that publishers don't need to geo targeting anymore. Is this correct?

  2. #2
    SitePoint Member SkiRat44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you hear these rumors? Provide a link please?

    Quote Originally Posted by MTV
    I've heard some rumors said that publishers don't need to geo targeting anymore. Is this correct?

  3. #3
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiRat44
    Where did you hear these rumors? Provide a link please?
    I was searching for geo targeting and read a couple posts from webmasterworld and digitalpoint. The posters also said that they have received an email from yahoo. I have no clue if they made it up or not

  4. #4
    SitePoint Zealot iGoogle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that you have made it up. =)
    But whatever. Noone ever said that you "HAVE" to use it, but your account is not in as much jeopardy as if you were not using it.

    Not a bad idea to use it.
    When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves,
    it is useless to seek it elsewhere.

  5. #5
    Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Philadephia, PA
    Posts
    20,578
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iGoogle
    I think that you have made it up. =)
    But whatever. Noone ever said that you "HAVE" to use it, but your account is not in as much jeopardy as if you were not using it.

    Not a bad idea to use it.
    Yahoo! said you HAVE to use it, and dropped dozens of publishers in the beta for not doing so.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •