User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finding the right shopping cart / payment gateway

hi folks,
    i would appreciate some suggestions for e-commerce solutions to a site i'm building for my own second-hand record business,
    treehouse records
    i have built the search interface using dreamweaver ultradev (ASP), the database is in MySQL and it's running on a linux server.
    i'm not overly worried about how it looks at the moment, i need to get the commerce functionality sorted first.
    i've looked at lots of shopping carts (the cheaper ones at least) but none of them seem quite right.
    it needs to have a fairly sophisticated shipping charge calculation as an order could comprise of various formats, each with different charges,
    i'd like to offer customers the choice of paying by credit card or by check, but have an automated email invoice if thay choose the latter.
    is there a package out there that is reliable, flexible and affordable?

SitePoint Zealot Jason_Therrien's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy!

I recommend that you talk to the webmaster of:
    http://ecom.creativedrive.net/

That site is a review for ecommerce software, and the author seems to have extensive product knowledge.
    GOOD LUCK!!
    Jason
    www.SmartWebBusiness.com
    Where "smart" businesses learn about the Web.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's almost nothing on that site, is it yours and you're trying to spam it? It has 1 article and 2 links and the forum doesn't work.

SitePoint Zealot Jason_Therrien's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy!

Leif, don't get worried... I'm not spamming you, this site is someone I have talked to about shopping carts, etc.

If you would have read my post more thoroughly, It says: "I recommend that you TALK to the webmaster" I didn't say the site was completely finished. But I did say that the author seems to have extensive product knowledge (if you talk to him....)
    Jason
    www.SmartWebBusiness.com
    Where "smart" businesses learn about the Web.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, just to clarify - I'm the webmaster and owner of "Ecom-Review" or http://ecom.creativedrive.net

I've worked with Jason before and am an Advisor here at SitePoint in the Grow section. He wasn't trying to SPAM, just letting you know I would be happy to speak with you.

I have not really had time to finish the site so it still in beta (hence the sub-domain)...

I would be happy to speak with you about your site... feel free to email me at brandon@creativedrive.net or catch me on AIM (NetBizOwner)