SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Positioned Div - Centered Table

Hi..ive just been asked to make some changes to a site (that i didnt do) that is designed in a way that...well, i cant touch anything without the layout tables and cells going all over the place...therefore im after some help with positioning a div ontop of some content....

I just need a div that is position on the right and near the bottom....just covering the webcredits (its only a temporary advert that'll be removed in a fews weeks)

The site can be found here here

Could some give me a hand....

Many thanks in advance

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I think you can have a wrapper div that wraps everything on the page, and have the div's width equal to the width of the current page, and then center it. The reason for this wrapper is because we need to set a "position: relative" property to it. Then, you should be able to have another div with position absolute to be placed at the position of your request with a z-index. This is the best option that I can think of.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually the wrapper is not really needed. If you position the existing layout table relative, and add the absolute positioned divs into one of it's cells it works too (not saying that this is a better solution than the wrapper div btw).