SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help .. i have a Big Site .. and ..

Hi, well, i will introduce my self .. Im Daniel Vazquez and im the owner of a Site that has :

Daily Page Views : 108210
    Daily Unique Hits : 8834

The site is a Technology Portal (News, Reviews, Etc) adn our costs are getting bigger and bigger everyday. I've tryed some Advertising thing but none of them worked, i mean, they did work, but i never received payment from those company's that i was advertising for

If anyone can recommend me a good "Program" (I preffer CPM due to my pageviews) that is confident it will be very good.

I'm not trying to do advertising or anything similar, i'm just looking for help here cause it seems that some of you know a lot of this.

Well, nothing else to say, hope that someone helps me out.

BTW, I did not put the URL of the Site cause i dont want you to take my message as "Advertising my site".

Best redards,
    Daniel Vazquez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would sugest fastclick, burst and valueclick.

Then use targeted affilate programs as defaults, from ranges of sources like cj.com, fineclicks, tradedoubler.co.uk and some of the other affilate networks.

You mention costs, It might be a good idea to try and get these down before you do anything, If you give some brief info on what most of your expenses are I am sure people can help you reduce these.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What companies did you try that did not pay you?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically the Costs are paying the Dedicated Server and the +150GB the Server has per month.

The once that didnt pay me dont exist anymore .. hopefully i don't know why but they do not exist anymore.

I also did send my request to Advertising.com im still waiting to their response, but because it's taken them too much time to give me an answer i have my doubts if they will accept my site.

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few ad networks accept portal sites.

Also uniques are more valuable than impressions, and since you got few uniques it may hurt you in this aspect.

check out doubleclick though.. I believe their min is 3m monthly impressions, or used to be anyways, and you'd be just over it. The reason I suggest DoubleClick is that they do represent some portals.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks aspen, im checking doubleclick right now seems good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by aspen
    Also uniques are more valuable than impressions, and since you got few uniques it may hurt you in this aspect.
    Really? I think uniques are important, but page views are probably more important because they show how "sticky" your site is. For example, if you have 100 uniques and 150 page views, you're doing bad. If you have 100 uniques and 1,000 page views, you're doing good. I always thought page views were the real important statistics because of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >Really? I think uniques are important, but page views are probably more important because they show how "sticky" your site is. For example, if you have 100 uniques and 150 page views, you're doing bad. If you have 100 uniques and 1,000 page views, you're doing good. I always thought page views were the real important statistics because of this.

Kinda...

Forums are very "Sticky" yet advertisers hate them?

Why? Because the same ads are being shown to the same people over and over again.

As far as advertisers are concerned, uniques are important. They don't want to pay to show the same ad to people multiple times.

As far as a designer is concerned impressions are important, if people view more than one page then that means they like your site.

So what I'm trying to say is an advertiser will treat your site more like "a site that gets 8000 uniques a day" rather than "a site that gets 100,000 impressions a day"

How Much Money?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Webmasters?

dose your site target webmaters?

if it does i will be able to help you out.
    PLease PM me so we dont annoy anyone by discusing business in the forums.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Matthew Taylor
    AutomatedLinks.com
    Boost your search engine ranking, by increasing your link Popularity,
    Dynamically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I recall, http://www.befree.com/ is reputable, reliable, and offers many affiliations under one roof ...

I think it's free, or it was 4 years ago ... but give it a looksy if you get the chance ...
    Vendor Ratings, Coupons & Specials:
    http://www.outcrier.com
    My Personal Site:
    http://www.epock.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by lieblick
    If I recall, http://www.befree.com/ is reputable, reliable, and offers many affiliations under one roof ...

I think it's free, or it was 4 years ago ... but give it a looksy if you get the chance ...
    Thanks, i will check it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advertisers tend not to like sites where the visitor stays for 10 or 20 pages. They don't want the same eyeballs to see their ad more than once or twice.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why wouldn't advertisors want visitors to see their ads more than twice? I would have thought seeing it a lot would imprint it more in their mind, than just seeing it twice; there's a lot of other, different banners on the web.

Although if it's not gonna make an impression within the first few views, it probably won't. Hmmm.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advertisiers want both .. A lot of Unique and a lot of Pagre views .. thats my tought.

For example, why do Television Advertisers pass their Advert like for 3 Weeks ? Simply because they want their product to be in people's mind all the time, so when time to buy comes .. you consider their product, and because you've seen it so many times you directly buy it.

So .. i think that the Advertisers will like thousands of Page views as long as the relation with Unique is normal.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For now I think 90% percent of banner ads have only one purpose, which is to generate sales or leads. So maybe that's why advertisers hate ads on forums pages.
    Do you have a career or job related web site?
    Earn 5 cents per click by joining our affiliate program.
    Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by aspen
    He/she has quite alot of uniques a day he has about the same ratio to visitors to page views as me.

murder--- You say most of your costs are paying for the dedicated server and bandwidth.

Who do you currently host with?

I would sugest getting a cheaper host maybe like rackshack.net

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm being hosted by Global Web Space on the Origix.net datacenter. I like their service, they give me good support, uptime and speed. So thats the main reason i dont want to change, and apart from that i have 1U Dedicated with them (P3 933, 512MB, etc) so i cant buy at rackshack.net.

An the most important thing, is that if i change to a cheaper host i will have the doubt (Until i Payed them haha) : "Will they take care of me?" etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by jkcity

He/she has quite alot of uniques a day he has about the same ratio to visitors to page views as me.

murder--- You say most of your costs are paying for the dedicated server and bandwidth.

Who do you currently host with?

I would sugest getting a cheaper host maybe like rackshack.net
    Size is relative.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DoubleClick

I am part of DoubleClick's network with only about 1 to 1.5 million impressions per month. If your site is good enough, they will accept you...
    Contact me about cheap hosting solutions!