User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opening a humor website..

Hey guys,

I'm going to be opening a humor website pretty soon with a completely custom-made script my partner is writing. The website will feature the largest stand-up comedian joke archive written and added by us as well as other features such as funny pictures and maybe an arcade. We're going to try and have our own exclusive content as much as possible.

Since obviously there are many other sites like this such as ebaumsworld, what may be the best technique to receive hits to the website? I would obviously try to affiliate with the big dogs once the site is able to get itself on the ground but what else can I try to start getting visitors but most importantly, visitors to stay?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something viral would be great.

If there is a joke that makes ears fall off in laughing - use tell a friend script. I remember the real story about Armstrong's 'Good luck, mister Gorsky' that covered the globe and was coming to me from all possible ends. Because it was real and funny.

You can also make poll on some forums in off-topics and see what kind of jokes are better and make news about it. Like 'Canadians love jokes about...'

And run a contest for the best joke. Contests are extra motivators.
    !BEST BARGAIN! - 100% Free Link Exchange Script
    Isn't it better @ zero cost to use the tool
    which is better than $90+ solutions?

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartPoint
    I remember the real story about Armstrong's 'Good luck, mister Gorsky' that covered the globe and was coming to me from all possible ends. Because it was real and funny.
    Off Topic:

Sorry to disappoint you http://www.snopes.com/quotes/mrgorsky.htm
    Paul Butler.org
    JSSpamBlock - Reduce WordPress spam.