SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

php shopping cart

Can anyone recommend a php-based shopping cart (preferably free) that does not require visitors to create an account or login before purchasing an item? Something without a lot of features would work best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is best to have visitors login to an account to purchase or else you are likely going to be subjected to internet fraud.
    PHP: Pills Help People
    ---
    weird-one.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Customers will be redirected to Paypal from my current shopping cart, and it is very annoying for them to have to enter their information twice, once for their shopping cart account, and then again for PayPal, just to make a small purchase.

What type of internet fraud are we talking about here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are rendering services with Paypal, there is a slightly lesser chance that you will be subject to fraud, but there are still people out there who are gaining access to paypal accounts not of thier own. I think its more of an assurance when you have them do something like this. It also allows you to keep track of your customers better. Doing everything through paypal could be risky in that it allows you too much to be out of your hands. I am sure there are some nice hacks for the current php-shopping cart systems out there, but make sure you know what you are doing.
    PHP: Pills Help People
    ---
    weird-one.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My client needs to be able to accept credit cards for free, what other options do I have besides PayPal?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, there are aren't any free options, you are going to have to pay someone to run the card. Paypal has another service that allows the customer input their card info on your site and then paypal runs it without having the customer leave the original site.

Oscommerce does have the paypal integration already set up on installation. And of course, oscommerce is free but you will have to pay paypal to run the card.