SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: XHMTLized

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XHMTLized

I just found out about this new service. *sigh* .aside from the fact that it probably cuts into the pockets of some the coders here, I do have a question.

As the blog entry says, the company claims that they come up with a “recipe which provides search engine love, accessibility know-how and utilizes smart practices such microformats and ALA techniques”.

Can anyone expand on what they mean by this? I'm aware that CSS and XHTML results in less code which results in faster page loads and SE indexing but it sounds like they could be talking about something else?

Happy 4th to all my fellow Americans. Later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they code the templates into xhtml/css which are liked by search engines...
    I assume they also add accessibility to the code...
    Microformats - www.microformats.org allow for information to be gathered from websites.. where all websites use standard tags.. For ease of going from website to website finding the same information..
    I quite like the idea of the site... but am yet to see any customer give feedback :S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bottom line is any web developer worth his salt can convert your design into XHTML/CSS. But I'm glad to a see a company that's offering the service. It doesn't necessarily mean that the site will BE XHTML in the end (you give them image, they make XHTML/CSS template from it, then customer may add non XHTML content to template), but it's a step in the right direction.