SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Quick CSS li Buttons Question

Hello as you can see here i have a in line li navigation with | in between each word/button however, these are not css i just typed them in.

So when i do a validation it doesnt like them and when you look at them in IE they butt right up against the word they come after.

So how can i do them in css? So they wont butt up against the word and will validate because they will be css?
    I tried with border left sided etc but this does not work as they go down to the bottom of the grey when i just want them as they are now just slightly bigger than the font.
    Or they work just the roll over changes and goes under the | as well rarther than just the words

Anyone help me out?

Cheers

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just did a css validation, it validates perfectly. Couldn't do a html validation, because your page is in php entension. To solve the IE problem, try giving your <a> tags a class and have a padding-left/right property to it.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks kefeso.

Will giving the <a> a tag help with how the roll over goes all the way over to the left under the |. Rather than just staying under the text?