SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Clueless owner needs help, please!

So I have a website - www.angling-technologies.com. Our goal is to provide access to free fishing map data found on the internet in an interactive map.

At any rate I need to generate some more revenue. I currently have no advertisers. Our initial step was to get the site up and running and then look to upgrade our capabilities including advertising. I do not want a website that is sensory overload with adds. I also would like to include adds relevant to fishing and really, really, need to increase our traffic.

I'll take any ideas this community might want to offer up. I have signed up for adds on Google and Yahoo but am not happy with the cost/benefit ratio. I don't think the money I'm spending for those services is really providing the type of exposure I need.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you looking to buy ad space on websites or are you looking for ad programs to place ads on your site?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a start you could try Google Adsense, your site is well designed and they will accept you straight away, cant hurt to try it.

Prehaps you could add some fishing affiliate programs, a quick google search on "fishing affiliates" came up with a couple of programs.

Don't be affraid to try things out, if they don't preform simply remove them.

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to say that you've come across an awesome concept here and your site looks really good.

These are the types of sites that people should be building, not all these turnkey and MFA sites.

Personally I think if you market this right you could have a real goldmine on your hands.

Best of luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the ideas and support. I believe very strongly in what we're trying to do, we just need to increase our reach.

I'm looking to redesign our site a bit to allow for some add space, so as of now I'm looking more towards having adds on our site and getting paid for them then I am placing adds elsewhere. We need to bring in some more revenue. I've looked at Google Addwords and Addbrite and will implement when I can get my web guys around to it.

I'm not afraid to try a novel or creative approach. Any new ideas are appreciated. One thing I'm curious about with Google is where they obtain all their business listings in Google Maps? Can these be purchased somewhere?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think you are starting a good website the map feature is kind of nice... i think somethign that would go well with this site is possibly a forum for reporting of where people are catching fish etc... the map wasn't completely user friendly but nice for a freebie.. keep working at it nice site
    CPA Affiliates Get Tips and Info on Best Paying CPA Networks.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yea an idea... would be to give away a trial maybe a week or something like that free to get people hooked them try charging them.
    CPA Affiliates Get Tips and Info on Best Paying CPA Networks.