SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 nice sites need more traffic

any suggestions, these sites are some the best in there field, looking for link exchange other ideas.

i bought a link on 500words.com not doing much.

thx in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing is first, you should probably make the URL's in your signature clickable. Better yet, make the words clickable to the URL's.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One advice on linking. Don't think that getting a link on one site will solve your traffic problem. This looks like a fairytale: great to turn into reality, but unrealistic.

Build your linkage properly. Each link = relevant and reputable site. Thus you will get targeted traffic. And as a side effect - you will get better ranking, if you use proper keywords in the anchor text.
    !BEST BARGAIN! - 100% Free Link Exchange Script
    Isn't it better @ zero cost to use the tool
    which is better than $90+ solutions?

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Buying links is generally not worth much unless you purchase a specific backlink from a high PR site in an attempt to raise your page rank.

I looked at the first homepage in your signature site. Who is your target audience? You know, I'll admit -- although I know what a ringtone is, I don't have a clue as to what an SMS is. I wonder if your visitors do?

What about your site would make me recommend it to a friend that does have a cell phone? More importantly, what about your site would encourage a similar site to give you a back link?

Viral marketing is a powerful method of promotion. Determine what is most important about your site and build on it.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, to be honest, I belive that the best (free) way to bring traffic to your websites (the ones you have listed in your signature) is MySpace, since the websites are mostly teen targeteh IMHO. Combine that with good anchor text optimisation of your links on other websites, and I believe that you'll be getting a decent ammount of traffic soon.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a clue as to what an SMS is. I wonder if your visitors do?
    I could be very wrong on this, but I think that SMS is more of a British / non-North-American term, in which case if his target market is universal (as it appears to be from the "coverage" page) the rest of the world should know what it means.

I never hear "SMS" in Canada, though, people always call them text messages.
    Paul Butler.org
    JSSpamBlock - Reduce WordPress spam.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

thx for all the helpful replies, as some fo you guessed these are my first sites.

yep SMS is a term used outside USA, this site is doing ok for sign ups in north africa, asia and europe. still searching for good worldwide incentive lead based affilaites other than tagworld.

area is going slowly forward with around 200 hits per day from minimal marketing in the first week, somewhat dissapointing.

arcade even slower hope to get this up to 4000 games soon so might be more interest then

i will learn how to do linking on my sign now.