SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PHPAdsNew and Emails

Has anyone come across a way of setting up PHPAdsNew zones within HTML emails?

Obviously I tried 'Remote Invocation For JavaScript' but depending on the email client you either can't click on the banner, or see no banner at all?

Really want to avoid hard coding banners into emails every week!

Thanks

Jay

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt you could do this.

Anyone with a decent firewall would get a million warnings and probably unsubscribe immediately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's it got to do with firewalls? And advertising within the body of newsletters is nothing out of the ordinary. I've been doing it for years (coding the hard way) and the unsubscribe rate is well within accepted parameters.

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to get all testy about it, did I say anything about unsubscribing simply because you included advertising in the e-mail? No, I said many would unsubscribe due to the warning messages they would get.

Your e-mail would be communicating back to your server to load an item in it.

You don't think this would set off alarms with a firewall? The firewall doesn't know what you're getting from the server, it could very easily be a virus.

A lot of e-mail providers/tools turn off all images as a basic security precaution, do you think they're going to allow random javascripts to be run?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I didn't mean to come across as testy.

The fact remains though that carrying advertising in the body of an email goes on the whole time. I get tons of it every day, and yes, often the images are turned off by default depending on which client I'm using.

This isn't really an issue as if the recipient wants to see the images they have to agree to download them, at which point they're downloading the banners as well.

So, back to the original point. Is there any way of inserting banners reliably into HTML emails using PHPAdsNew? Not wedded to JavaScript - that was just the first thing I tried.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just use the noscript option

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does your email system enable you to include PHP script output within the content of the emails you send out? Or does it enable you to include variables within the emails?

If so, you could setup a PHP file that will run the local invocation of PHP Ads New to insert the banner HTML. Your email server program could then insert the output of that PHP script into each email, which would be the HTML for the banner. That would enable you to insert banners on the fly, as the emails are being sent out. If you're able to use variables in the emails, then another option would be to store the output of PHP Ads New invocation code as a variable and have your email server insert the banner HTML into the emails via a variable.
    For HTML Help visit: HTML Help Central
    For Graphic Design help visit: GFXVoid.com
    If you're a GEEK then go where geeks go....