SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Titles On Dynamic Pages

Ok, so there's the issue of not being able to define a title after the headers have been sent. This is a stick in the mud for me, but I choose to take care of the issue now.

How do I go about doing this?

A SAMPLE TITLE:
    MYSITE.com - User View: jooles

I have a header file that displays the title, and I have it included on each file on my site. So, what I was thinking, was setting a variable $TITLE before including the header file, and have the $TITLE variable echo in between the <title> tags in my header. Or is there a better way to do this. It feels like my method would be messy because I would have to include the header file after a lot of code, and that just bugs me.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most template systems do all the processing before even opening the template file, then do simple string replacement to fill things in.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy C. Ankerstjerne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see any problems with defining a number of variables, and then insert the include file. Think of it as console programming, where you send the variable to the program before starting the program.
    Christian Ankerstjerne
    <p<strong<abbr/HTML/ 4 teh win</>
    <>In Soviet Russia, website codes you!