User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New website, problems abound..

Hey everyone!
    So, I'm sure this has been asked before, it's that age old question of "why oh why doesn't IE render my site properly?".
    I made a new site this week, validated it in strict XHTML, the CSS also validates, and it displays correctly in every one of the five browsers I've tried, except IE. I've even tried turning it into HTML 4.0.1 and it validates fine there too, still displays perfectly, but IE still causes drama.
    So for all day I've been rearranging, editing, and modifying and nothing seems to work!

If anyone has a second, please jump over and take a look at the code.
    I'm sure it's something to do with the css.. but you never can tell with IE.
    Any help would be much appreciated, as the site was supposed to launch this week.

The address is: jimzip.com

Regards,

Jimzip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its because IE6 has so many bugs and flaws within it to do with rendering pages. What I do and most other designers do is to use a reliable browser like Firefox to code the pages, then afterwards I patch the pages up with patches and fixes so that IE renders them OK.

To amend your problem, try adding 'display:inline' to your CSS relating to the column on the right hand side - this could be the common double-margin error that IE has.

Hope this helps

James

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers James.

I'm re-coding now.

Jimzip