SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Mac attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mac attack

I have two possibly related problems when certain pages of my site are viewed on a Macintosh. It does not matter if the browser is Netscape or IE (go figure!) and there is no problem when viewed on a PC.

Problem 1: way too much space between the center table with the graphic and the news box to the right. Here's the page www.frankkoonce.com/test

Problem 2: the text does not wrap around the image to fill the space underneath and as before, there is way too much space between the image and the right of the page. The image should be in the upper right corner of the page. Here's the page: www.frankkoonce.com/test/platero.shtml

Besides being ugly, this makes for too much scrolling to read the text and a waste of space - where have I heard that phrase before?

Ideas?

Thanks alot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site looks the same in IE 5 on a Mac and IE 5 on a PC to me.

Both links.

-t

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using IE 4.5 for the Mac?

That's widely regarded to be one of the worst browsers ever made. Netscape 4.6 isn't that great either.
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site looks the same in IE 5 on a Mac and IE 5 on a PC to me.
    Is that a good thing? Does the text wrap properly around the image and does the image appear in the upper right corner of the page?

I read your reply thewitt to another thread about validating the HTML before assuming there's a problem with some platform or another. I sent the pages through the W3C validator and it appears I have some cleaning up to do. There were a great many errors and I'm wondering how literally to take them. Should I expect my pages to go through error free?
    Thanks for having a look.

Are you using IE 4.5 for the Mac?
    I don't have a Mac myself but Professor Koonce who I'm building the site for does. I'll have to ask what version IE, but he's using Netscape 6. You'd think he knew better being a professor.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the correct doctype, your pages should always validate error free.

In the case of how IE 5 renders your pages on the Mac, they look just fine. Text wraps where it's supposed to, tables are positioned correctly etc.

-t