Thread: Stats

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stats

Hi,

I refer my visitors to Echo and I do this because they don't have all those extra fees and are much cheaper. Since I have started referring them, I have received about 100 referrals and about 3 or 4 sales. Is that pretty low or ?? I'm afraid that their process might be to much for most people, people don't want to send in all the stuff that they require, etc..

What do you think?
    www.gotmerchant.com - an online guide to merchant account service for any business looking to accept credit cards. The site has helped thousands understand the service and protect themselves from unethical sales reps.

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be 3-4%, which isn't too bad at all. What's your definition of referral?
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They fill out my online application: www.gotmerchant.com So, they take effort of filling out the form, so they must be interested and with their low rates, it should sell like hotcakes?

Curtis
    www.gotmerchant.com - an online guide to merchant account service for any business looking to accept credit cards. The site has helped thousands understand the service and protect themselves from unethical sales reps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just now signing up with ECHO (since about a week ago), and have found them to be more difficult to set up than any third-party solutions, no doubt.

I really wish they'd have a straightforward user manual or something, but they don't. I'd be willing to be that's why people are swaying away from ECHO, even though they have what appears to be a kick-*** product.

Set up some sort of installation manual, maybe...especially if there is one that tells how to make ECHO work with Dansie Cart (you did that, I'd sign up through ya, even though I found them by other means!).

Actually, if there is anyone out there who knows how to make Dansie Cart interface with ECHO, send me an email; I would LOVE to buy the recipe!!

"A small group of thoughtful people could change the world.
    Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, the people are not sending in their application with their money in the mail, that is the problem. Also, the customers don't have to do anything to get our Dansie cart to work with Echo, we do it for them, we had to write a script ourselves to work with them. We are the ONLY company as of now, that has a comptatible version, and I'm sorry, we can't give out that information.

So it is easy for our hosting customers, just setup the cart to their liking and just contact support to take care of the rest.

Curtis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using Dansie Cart on a couple of my clients' sites for almost a year now, and love it, but haven't had any luck finding a decent CC solution that is affordable, until ECHO...but now it won't work with the cart (if it's not one thing, it's another!)!

That's too bad we can't work something out, but I do understand wanting to keep such an awesome bit of programming under your wing. Any possibility of selling it as an "add-on" of sorts to Dansie Cart?? I would LOVE to discuss that possibility!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to get Echo and Dansie to work together to try to get them compatible with each other, but that didn't happen, so I just gave up and had our programmer do it for us, so we will be the only company that has a compatible version. That is our edge, we can't give that stuff out.

However, you can have access to our cart, if you purchase our hosting service. (www.sshost.com)

Curtis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you need real-time authorization then yes, as Curtis says, Echo can be a pain to work with.

OTOH, if you can process your charges off-line (non-real time) then it's very easy to setup the Dansie cart to securely collect the customer's CC and billing info then send it to you for off-line processing.

A lot of our customers setup their Dansie carts that way and find it much less of a headache than real-time processing.
    Ocean View Host - Affordable web hosting plans for any business.
    Modern Technology, Old Fashioned Value & Service!
    U.S. Merchant Services - Reliable merchant account services for all business!
    Quality People Providing A Quality Service!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But once you get real time setup, it is sooo nice, as everything is done automatically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Curtis Stevens
    But once you get real time setup, it is sooo nice, as everything is done automatically.
    If you have the product on hand all the time and can ship right away.

In the U.S., Federal trade law requires a merchant to ship with in 24 hours of charging a customer's CC. IOW, you can not charge a customer's CC for merchandise if you can not ship it with in 24 hours. This is for the protection of the consumer for obvious reasons.
    Ocean View Host - Affordable web hosting plans for any business.
    Modern Technology, Old Fashioned Value & Service!
    U.S. Merchant Services - Reliable merchant account services for all business!
    Quality People Providing A Quality Service!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However, you can have access to our cart, if you purchase our hosting service. (www.sshost.com)
    Yeah, I figured that was coming

See, the problem is, I have already purchased the Mall version of Dansie Cart, and am unhappy with using 2checkout/PayPal/other 3rd party processors, and would like to "upgrade" to a full merchant account, without breaking the bank, which is where ECHO was supposed to come in.

I might just have to take jaiem's route and enter the info that way, although I do agree that automation is SO much nicer to do.

Are you SURE there's no way we could work out an agreement to use/purchase your bridging script?? Site development is my primary bread-and-butter; I only host for sites that I create for the most part, and have no inclination or ability to compete if that is what you are worried about. I REALLY WANT TO USE ECHO WITH MY DANSIE CART!!!