SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Converting CSS to Wordpress

Hey guys its been a long time.

I'm currently re-doing one of my websites - getting rid of tables and going 100% CSS instead. So far its been great. Here's how it looks like:
    With that out of the way I am moving on to converting the design to a Wordpress theme so I can host a blog on the site using the same look and feel as the rest of the site. Here's how it has become tricky.
    If you see I'm getting close. But I am running into several problems.

1.) I can't get my wraps to work like they are supposed to. I created a wrap to contain the main content and the sidebar. I need this in order to creat a border on both the left and right side. (already using content border for dotted line on left - CSS won't allow you to use more than one style at the same time).
    2.) Because the wrap won't work I can't hide the length of the sidebar - to make both the content window and the sidebar look like they have the same length. To do this on the CSS page I just set the wrap bg color to the same color as the sidebar. But wrap not working.
    3.) The clear:both tag on the footer isn't working and right now its popping up in my content window.

Can anybody help? I'd appreciate it much.

Cheers.
    Michael
    Last edited by cyberprince; Jul 2, 2006 at 12:07. Reason: Typo

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tyssen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason your footer won't work is because it needs to come after all the other content (ie #sidebar). You're also missing the </body> and </html> tags from your page.
    As for your wrap/column issues, Faux columns may help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. i just found out that my index.php file called for the footer twice. I've updated it some and its also fixed the wrap problem (borders now show up). Just need to fix the way the footer looks like. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks okay now. Just one more question.

It looks okay now in IE5 for Mac, and the latest Safari, Firefox and Opera browsers. But for some reason on IE6 for Windows - there are a couple of problems:

1.) There is a space in between the nav bar and the colored boxes right above the content. Anyone know if there's a work around so I can achieve the desired look on IE6?
    2.) Also on the border of the wrap extends down to the copyright info even though it is no longer part of that div.