SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've looked a lot of place to learn how to make a toolbar like Yahoo Companion for my web site, but I couldn't find any information. Is there anybody know how to do it or where can I find information.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what the Yahoo Companion toolbar looks like but if its graphical you can approximate a look-a-like by creating your graphic and then either using an imagemap or splitting the image into a table for presentation. If its a drop down type menu approximating the look of IE 5.0 or the menus on microsoft's site then you can find those at places like www.dynamicdrive.com

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    Internet Media Provider

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yahoo Companion is a toolbar like IE's standard toolbars such as "links toolbar" or "address bar". It is not a part of web page. It always stay there after you connect the net even if you never visit Yahoo site. There is a screenshot in that address: http://edit.yahoo.com/config/download_companion
    Note: Sometimes this link doesn't work but this link is correct.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is something similar posted on siteexperts.com. They call is a coolbar. It would be easy to make actually. All you need is some graphics which you can build by creating a new toolbar on your taskbar, adding the icons you want and taking a screen capture. Then you would edit the image to only have the icons you want. Once your done with that you place it all in a table so it lines up neatly and looks cohesive. You would make sure that the table stays at the top of the screen using javascript and a little CSS magic. Scripts to do that are available at www.bratta.com and www.dynamicdrive.com. All you have to do is put in a little work to create your images and paste everything together in the browser.

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    Internet Media Provider