SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DIV positioning help

I'm working on redesigning my company's site using css but I'm running into a layout issue I can't seem to figure out.

Check out http://www.handsontraining.com/testing It's a rough design right now, I plan on touching up some things but for now I'm just trying to get the layout set. In Firefox, IE and Safari the three buttons in the lower right corner align with the larger buttons beside them but in IE and firefox on the PC the three buttons seem to be about 10 pixels too low. I think it may have to do with the difference in text size on a Mac and PC. I'm thinking if I can somehow get the div that the three buttons are in to align with the bottom of the div it's nested in then I'd be good to go. I have tried a bunch of approaches but nothing seems to work. I'm fairly new to CSS so I might be completely off on this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm seems like right now you have the two big buttons and the three small buttons nested within different divs. I'd say that it might be helpful to nest these two bottom left buttons div and the three small buttons div within one big div container, then set one to float left and one to float right, that should theoretically get them aligned.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kefeso, thanks so much, that seems to have done the trick.