User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

onmouseover in IE issues

Hello,
    I'm creating a little rating system for a site I'm working on. I have five star images (16 x 16px each) and they each have a onmouseover which calls a javascript code to make the highlighted star yellow and change the rating text. This system works wonderfully on FF but IE is giving me a hard time.

First of all sometimes the page will just go almost completely blank and you will have to go to a different page and then come back to get it back to normal. Iím guessing this is to reset some variables set in js. Second it only registers a mouseover after you leave the star, making it onmouseout.

An example can be found at http://videonectar.com/view.php, please ignore the rest of the design. It's a work in progress. The JS can be found at http://videonectar.com/main.js

I have forced width and height 16 to make sure IE doesn't think the images are bigger. I have googled this issue and found nothing interesting. I've validated that this is the right way to handle this event in IE. I just can't figure it out.

Thanks for your time,
    Jordan

EDIT
    ------------
    I just noticed the status bar flashing loading image very fastly. Could Javascript be getting it self cought in a loop? Changing the div content and then regestering the mouseover and re-calling the function.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fixed it!
    As I suggested it might be a never-ending loop. So I created a little blocker that keeps the current star from calling the function again, and this fixed it.

Sorry for wasting your time,
    Jordan