As you may have heard, we’ve been hard at work for the last month upgrading our marketplace. We’ve just launched the first of these upgrades. There's a whole stack of new functionality, but in a nutshell here are some of the main benefits for buyers and sellers.
Benefits For Sellers:
1. You can now accept bids through a centralized bidding system regardless of where you promote your auction. No more bids coming in from forums all over the Web that you have to sort through and manage.
2. You can now purchase credits for the marketplace which you can use across any of our marketplace categories. Top up your account now and decide where to spend it later.
3. You can easily promote your auction on other forums (or any site) with a simple “image link” back to your auction on sitepoint.com. The image will update in real time displaying the progress of your auction. No more updating all the different forums on the progress of your auction -- your unique “auction image” will tell the full story in real-time.
Here is what the "auction image" would look like...
4. You now have full control of your auction. You can remove bids from buyers you don’t want to deal with. And you can remove comments which detract from your sale.
5. You can upload up to 4 files with each auction listing (screen shots of your site, ZIP files, text files, etc.). Save yourself a lot of questions from buyers, upload the information they’re bound to ask for.
Benefits For Buyers:
1. You can see the bidding history of everyone who is involved in the auction. No more phantom bids that seem to appear from outer space.
2. You can now browse all the supporting images associated with the site you’re buying (log files, screen shots, etc.) using the neat “thickbox” functionality.
3. The auction bidding process is centralized, so you always know who you’re bidding against. Even bids from other sites must come through The SitePoint Marketplace.
4. You can now quickly and easily find sites that you’re interested in buying with our various sorting options. Sort by “auctions that are ending soon”, or by even by “lowest price”.
Oh, we’ve also changed the price of “Sell Your Template” from $9.95 to $5.00.
To visit our main marketplace page go to:
To see what the listings now look like in the forums visit:
To see what an actual auction listing will look like here's a test:
Hope you enjoy the changes.
We’ll post more detailed information soon about how it all works.
Let us know what you think?