SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too much whitespace?

I was thinking my form looks pretty long and I think thats cause everything is spread out (http://www.scasp.com/testing/reviewform.php) Anyway I'm trying to do away with all the excess whitespace by having 2, sometimes 3 fields on 1 line. I am using IE and I dont know why the "trial" field is not the same width/padding as the one on the left (aren't they both labels)
    Also on some of the longer labels, where there is text wrapping, how can I make it not justified and if it wraps to a new line to start the new line directly under the above line (not a little bit over to the left)
    Also, since I'm using IE, some of my users will use FF and it doesn't look so hot in that (anyway to make all browsers resemble the same as IE?
    Thanks
    "Oh, and Jenkins--apparently your mother died this morning."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. You might want to validate your form first, you are using XHTML as a doctype but you're not following its rules, and many more errors, like placing a fieldset within a paragraph: http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...reviewform.php
    2. When you've finished that you can validate your css (not possible at the moment but by just looking at it, there seem to be a few errors, like one font-size is missing the unit and the font Vereanda doesn't exist to my knowledge): http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...reviewform.php
    3. You should start with making your website look good in Firefox and then go to IE, not the other way around.

With regards to the length of your form. It is indeed quite long and personally, I don't think you'll find that many people who answer it completely, though "You must enter a response for each question." won't help your cause. Look where you can shorten it, e.g. why don't you provide a database with all the ASPs there are instead of letting your reviewer fill in all those details?
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    k, I got the page(s) to validate, Now, how do I style my form in FF the way its done in IE?
    like, for instance, the form elements are side-by-side (the way they should be in IE) But in FF the input field appears above the label?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also on some of the longer labels, where there is text wrapping, how can I make it not justified and if it wraps to a new line to start the new line directly under the above line (not a little bit over to the left)
    This might be due to the text-indent you have on #content p

k, I got the page(s) to validate, Now, how do I style my form in FF the way its done in IE?
    like, for instance, the form elements are side-by-side (the way they should be in IE) But in FF the input field appears above the label?
    This seems to be due to the float: left you have in form p label.
    Dan G

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    K, starting to take shape now. I gave all labels a width of 30%, but why dont they all seem to have that width?
    Thanks a lot!
    Right now, im trying to focus on the format of the top fieldset which has 2 seperaate labels and fields. I'm trying to give it a more structured look, like the fieldset has 2 vertical column in it and each field is evenly spaced and it looks all organized.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, can't seem to find anything at the moment...
    Dan G