SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Images in IE display correctly, but not in FireFox

Go here: -removed- And see an example of what I'm talking about. The text is centered, but the image isn't in FireFox, but it looks okay in IE

FYI...don't laugh but I only designed my simple webpage using FrontPage2004 and I don't use CSS. Can you help?

THEN...if you can figure that one out, here is a bonus question for all you smart folks. Go here: -removed- and tell me why my slide show is left justified instead of being centered on the page like you see it when you use IE to view the site.
    Last edited by InAsheville; Jun 28, 2006 at 06:51.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove this from your BODY tag:

Code:
    marginwidth="600"
    and the image will be centered. However on both pages your coding is a mess, in fact www.baumrind.com doesn't even have an opening or closing body tags. I'd recommend going to www.w3schools.com and learning how to properly code html first then go from there.

-Michael

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

Thanks, that fixed it and all the other pages where an image was off-center. As you know, I'm no web page programmer, I pretty much use just FrontPage.

Also, I ended up fixing my Baumrind.com website with the slide show not being centered.

Thanks for your help.

So, when are they going to make a point and click type of program like FrontPage for webdeveloping the correct way so that your website will work correctly on all web browsers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, when are they going to make a point and click type of program like FrontPage for webdeveloping the correct way so that your website will work correctly on all web browsers?
    Never gonna happen. The closest thing you might find is Dreamweaver's WYSIWYG ability (that's the general term for these kind of things) but even that is far from being perfect - NVU is available for free and is seen as a good alternative to dreamweaver but of course not as powerful, maybe you look into that: http://www.nvu.com/index.php

It is generally agreed upon that if you want to create good, cross-browser and accessible websites, you need to learn html and css.
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant