Thread: CSS Help Please

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CSS Help Please

Hello,

I'm trying to get my pagination to be flush against the very top of the page.

Here is my layout code:

Code:
    <div class=TopBar id=TopBar>
      <div class=Pages>
        <div class=Paginator>

<span class=AtStart>&lt; Prev</span>

<span class=this-page>1</span> 

<a href="">2</a> 
    <a href="">3</a>
    <a href="">4</a>  
    <a href="">5</a> 
    <a href="">6</a>
    <a href="">7</a>

<a class=Next href="">Next &gt;</a> 

</div>
      </div>
        </div>
    Here is my css code... where the problem lies:

Code:
    .TopBar {
    	BACKGROUND-POSITION: left bottom; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(/images/dotted.gif); PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-x; TEXT-ALIGN: center
    }

A:link {
    	COLOR: #0063dc; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
    }
    A:visited {
    	COLOR: #2e67c7; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
    }
    A:hover {
    	BACKGROUND: #0063dc; COLOR: #ffffff; TEXT-DECORATION: none
    }
    A:active {
    	BACKGROUND: #0259c4; COLOR: #ffffff; TEXT-DECORATION: none
    }
    .Pages {
    	MARGIN-TOP: 20px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 20px; TEXT-ALIGN: center
    }
    .Paginator {
    	FONT-SIZE: 12px; MARGIN-LEFT: auto; MARGIN-RIGHT: auto; PADDING-TOP: 10px
    }
    .Paginator A {
    	BORDER-RIGHT: #ddd 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; BORDER-TOP: #ddd 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; BACKGROUND: #fff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; BORDER-LEFT: #ddd 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 2px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ddd 1px solid; TEXT-DECORATION: none
    }
    .pageList .this-page {
    	BORDER-RIGHT: #ddd 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; BORDER-TOP: #ddd 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; BACKGROUND: #fff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; BORDER-LEFT: #ddd 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 2px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ddd 1px solid; TEXT-DECORATION: none
    }
    .Paginator A:visited {
    }
    .Paginator .AtStart {
    	PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; BACKGROUND: #fff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; COLOR: #aaa; MARGIN-RIGHT: 20px; PADDING-TOP: 2px
    }
    .Paginator .Prev {
    	BORDER-RIGHT: #ddd 2px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; BORDER-TOP: #ddd 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; BACKGROUND: #fff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; BORDER-LEFT: #ddd 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 20px; PADDING-TOP: 2px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ddd 2px solid
    }
    .Paginator .break {
    	BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; BACKGROUND: #fff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 2px; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none
    }
    .Paginator .Next {
    	BORDER-RIGHT: #ddd 2px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; BORDER-TOP: #ddd 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; BACKGROUND: #fff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 20px; BORDER-LEFT: #ddd 2px solid; PADDING-TOP: 2px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ddd 2px solid
    }
    .Paginator .AtEnd {
    	PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; BACKGROUND: #fff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 20px; COLOR: #aaa; PADDING-TOP: 2px
    }
    .Paginator .this-page {
    	PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 13px; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #999; BACKGROUND: #fff; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #999; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; COLOR: #ff0084; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #999; PADDING-TOP: 2px; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #999
    }
    .Paginator A:hover {
    	BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #036; BACKGROUND: #0063dc; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #036; COLOR: #fff; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #036; TEXT-DECORATION: none; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #036
    }
    .Pages DIV.Results {
    	MARGIN-TOP: 8px; FONT: 11px/15px Arial, Helvetica; COLOR: #aaa; TEXT-ALIGN: center
    }
    The code works, it's just that I want everything to be at the very very top of the page, and don't know how to do this without scruing it up.

Thanks for your help.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tyssen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you provide a link to the page or a more complete version of your code?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.cheapwebhosters.com/test.htm

I just want what you see there to be at the very top of the screen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set the margin and padding of the body to 0 and then make sure all the margin/padding-tops of your elements that butt up against the top of the window are 0.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyssen
    Set the margin and padding of the body to 0 and then make sure all the margin/padding-tops of your elements that butt up against the top of the window are 0.
    That's what I did, but when I change them, part of the little box around the numbers disappear...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Care to be a bit more specific about which change is producing the unwanted results?