SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going about my business

I was wondering what is the most efficient mention I should go about getting my web designing site's client's money. I'm not too keen on doing it via any of those online credit card programs specializing in processing credit card orders ala Easy pay and the like.

I'd be more than happy to be given a few pointers by people who have been there done that.
    Bardius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With web design I imagine you charge in the thousands or at least hundreds, which would keep you from using most of those programs anyway.
    Depending on how many transactions you do a month you can check out a service like versign payflow link or pro to make transactions easy.
    They can help you up with a merchant account or you can use another company, theres a lot of options out there to choose from.
    If you want to manage your customers credit card data from your website you will need a secure server, however I dont think you really need this with design services, unless you are constantly charging your cliets for updated work.