User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Regarding Miva Merchant

We've been using Miva Merchant for a couple of years now and we've never been satisfied with its user interface. I've done a small amount of research on these forums and discovered some of the 3rd party developers as well as a book on Miva script writing. What I'd like to know is, can I modify our Miva site to look more like Amazon or other online vendor's sites that have a more streamlined look? I'm really disappointed in the way Miva looks. Can I make it where the user never knows they have gone to a secure part of the site? Where the side and top navigation are eliminated, etc.? If anyone has had experience in this manner, please let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never used Miva before, but I have been using Dansie Cart for some time now, and it has proven to be very adaptable to fit nearly anything I have thrown at it. Although you are probably not anxious to jump products, and I can't say I would blame you in the least!

"A small group of thoughtful people could change the world.
    Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There must be a way of customizing the script, it is probably just a case of finding the correct files to change.

The reason that there are no images on your secure page is that it is most likely set up with one set of default images and if they were on the secure page your customers would get a message that the page contains secure and unsecure elements. If you want images on your secure page you will have to put a set of the images in your secure directory as well.
    Letting your customers know that they are on a secure section of your web site should be considered a good thing but it doesn't have to look completly different then the rest of your web site.

I just did a quick search on Google and found this for a start- http://www.miva.com/docs/merchant/howto3.html

affordable website design

:: sydney australia ::