Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting innerstring of iframe section

Hello i have a function like this
    function mycallback(IDVal)
    {
    MyDIVsection.innerHTML = '<IFRAME src="GetInfo.aspx?ID=' + IDVal + '" width="200" height="50" frameborder="0"></IFRAME>';
    }

This javascript function will request the GetInfo.aspx page and pass the ID value and i put some info on that page based on that ID and when i assign that to my MYDIVSection <DIV> tag's innerHTML i get all the information that were in GetInfo.aspx. But my problem is with iFRAME where managing the height and width of Iframe based on the size of the info i recieve from the server is too much of coding.So what i like to know is , say i have iframe and i have the information as string from IFRAME section and is it possible to only pull the information from the IFRAME section so that i get only the info and not the Iframe so that i can put the Info into my MYDIVSection DIV tag.

Thanks and Regards
    Knowledge is all about Sharing

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello
    I have made to work in such way.Please let me know if there is any better way than this to do.
    1. I made the IFRAME width and height =0 and no scroll and no border.
    2. That source page of the Iframe body does not contains any content so it is plain empty page.
    3. I made a javascript and call the parent div id by parent.form.getdocumentbyid("mydivid")="MyINFO"
    and when the page loads and this javsacript section executes and the info i have is send to parent page. and it worked.

Please let me know if there is any other way to do this.
    Ofcourse AJAX and ATLAS are there but i want to use this method which is very simple and effective and very little javascript code and , getinfo.aspx will do the same function as that of webservice will do.
    Looking forward to your comments.

Thanks and Regards
    Knowledge is all about Sharing

Barefoot on the Moon! silver trophy
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [edit]: nevermind