SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FTP Archiving Mechanisim

Hi,

It has been requested that I set-up an FTP Auto Archiving Mechanism on our corp web servers. I accepted with a smile and when my boss left, I started wondering what the hell he really asked me to do. Now, not to look stupid or anything, I don't wanna go back there and say I don't know how, so instead I decided to turn to SitePoint Webmaster Guru's.

Thus, I need some explination on how I would set up an "FTP Auto Archiving Mechanism". It sounds really complicated but I'm sure it's not. I was thinking about doing something with WinZip or writing some cgi based app to copy files to an Archiving directory of choice, but once again... my Perl/CGI expertise is slightly limited.

Oh... I must most probably also mention that I am using IIS 5.0 to do this.

Would any of you peeps be able to give a hand in advice?

Shot!
    - Pip
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.

Xbox why have you forsaken me? moospot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like they want a backup routine to send files to the FTP server. This should be pretty simple. Just use MS Backup (or whatever else you might use) and schedule the backup to run every night. Set the backup folder to the FTP server folder (C:\inetpub\ftproot\..etc)